A CASE STUDY OF REPORTING OF NEWSPAPER BH DANI DURING THE WAR IN BOSNIA
The key idea of this article is to present a case study of reporting of newspaper BH Dani that were battling the dominant ethno-nationalist style of reporting. Methodologically speaking, this project uses content analysis and the process of developing and grouping the ideas is very important. War in Bosnia is the societal and political context of this research. A number of key authors that theorized the idea of propaganda and media influence on thinking and attitudes as well as persuasion is introduced to the reader in the first part of the article. The case study goes on to show how articles in BH Dani explored cases of intolerance of Bosnian government and war forces, their war atrocities and displayed writings where the war situation is presented objectively. The article is then concluded with the recapitulation of key ideas and also its contribution to knowledge is discussed.
- Anon (1993), “People of Sarajevo have made a decision, new opinion poll “, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- BH Dani, War edition (1992), 28.10, No. 2 Year 1.
- BH Dani War edition (1992), 17.12, No. 5, Year 1.
- BH Dani War edition (1992), 30.12, No. 1, Year 6.
- Biserko, S. (2002), “The role of media as a precipitating factor in preparing the war’, available at: www.helsinki.org.rs/serbian/doc/Uloga%20medija.doc. Retrieved 17th February 2018.
- Čamo, M. (1993), “Humanitary contraception of Bernard K“. BH Dani, 30th June.
- Čerina, J. (2012), “War reporting in the context of contemporary armed conflicts and new media technologies“, Polemos 15 (1) 101-117.
- Ćosić, D. (1992), “Defeats and goals“. BH Dani, 22th August.
- Chomsky, N. (2003), The media, propaganda and system. Zagreb: Society for the Promotion of Literature.
- Duraković, F. (1993), “Forgive me, dad“. BH Dani, 3rd June,
- Dukić, M. (2017), “Mediji devedesetih u Srbiji, antologija gluposti“, available at: http://www.prekoramena.com/t.item.166/mediji-devedesetih-u-Srbiji-antologija-gluposti.html, retrieved 17th August 2017.
- Fajgelj, S. (2005), Metode istraživanja ponašanja, Beograd: Centar za primenjenu psihologiju.
- Gredelj, S. (1986), S onu stranu ogledala, Beograd: Istraživačko-izdavački centar SSO Srbije.
- Grubačić, S. (2006), Aleksandrijski svetionik, Sremski Karlovci, Novi Sad: Izdavačka knjižarnica Zorana Stojanovića.
- Hafner, D. (1993), “Landscape of the time long gone“, BH Dani, 30th June.
- Hrasnica, D. (1995), “An interview with Jusuf Prazina“, BH Dani, 31th Januar.
- Ilić, V. (2016) Posmatranje i analiza sadržaja, Beograd: Filozofski fakultet u Beogradu.
- Ivanković, Ž. (1994), “Agreement is crucial“, BH Dani, 15th March.
- Jerković, A. (1993), “Bosnia will be split“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Jurišić, D. (1993), “Alija is answerable for catastrophic state of affairs“, BH Dani, 30th June.
- Kaljević, M. (1972), Neke mogućnosti primene analize sadržaja, Sociologija, god. XIV, br. 2: 215-229.
- Karić, E. (1993), “What it means to say a sacrifice to God“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Kontić, B. 1994, “Will going to Grbavica be the road to the East“, BH Dani, 15th June.
- Kordić, I. (1993, “Inner destruction of the city“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Kurt, B.S. (1993), “Last tango in Sarajevo“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Lovrenović, I. (1993), “Road to the center of self-destruction“. BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Lucić, Lj. (1993), “Those who burn houses carry water“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Marković, M. (1965) ‘Homo politicus’, Selected philosophical topics, Belgrade: Serbian philosophical society, pp. 5-53.
- Mehmedinović, S. (1993), “Snake hunt“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Milatović, V. (ed)(2008) Scientific popular and informative texts. Beograd: Serbian school(in Serbian)
- Milić, V. (2014) Sociological method. Beograd: Institute of Textbooks and Teaching materials
- Pećanin, S. (1993), “Provincial Bosnia and Herzegovina“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Pećanin, S. (1993), “Preconditions for the survival of Muslims“, BH Dani, 30th June.
- Perković, J. (2015, “Kovanje rata u Sisku kroz pisanje lista Slobodni Tjednik u razdoblju od 1990-1993 godine“, Neobjavljen diplomski rad, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Filozofski fakultet, odsjek za sociologiju.
- Romelaer, P. (2005). Chapitre 4. L’entretien de recherche. Dans : P. Roussel & F. Wacheux (Dir), Management des ressources humaines: Méthodes de recherche en sciences humaines et sociales (str. 101-137). Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgique: De Boeck Supérieur.
- Sančanin, M. (1993), “Between the extremes“, BH Dani, 14th March.
- Sančanin, M. (1993), “War and negotiations“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Schreier, M. (2012), Qualitative Content Analysis in Practice, London: Sage.
- Schreier, M and S. Pećanin. (1993), “Cockney is not spoken here any longer, an interview with Zoran Stevanović“, BH Dani, 30th June.
- Slatina, D. (1993), “15 million dollars on the court“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Sray, John E. (1995), “Selling the Bosnian Myth to America“: Buyer Beware“, FMSO.
- Šajkaš, M. (2007), Transition justice and the role of media in the Balkans. Discussion paper for international center for transitional justice.
- Vertovšek, N., Andrić, M. (2015), “Massmedia ’moments of truth’, from political communication and political marketing to war propaganda“, In medias res; journal for student issues 4(6), pp. 970-993.
- Vukašinović, M. (1993), “Not everybody can achieve that“, BH Dani, 3rd June.
- Vukajlović, V. Ćosić, D. (2018), Media management in crisis situations, a case study, war in Afghanistan, Retrieved 17th February 2018, http://www.meste.org/fbim/fbim_srpski/FBIM_najava/IVK_Cosic.pdf.
- Zaimović, K. (1993), “I asked for the aggressor to be named, an interview with Rade Trbojević“, BH Dani, 30th July.