POLITIČKA TEORIJA I FILOZOFIJA POLITIKE
INTELLECTUAL SHORTAGE AND THE CRISIS OF THE CAPITALIST WORLD-SYSTEM
In the ‘problematization’ that I am proposing to your attention, the concept of ‘intellectual shortage’ is to designate a thinking (measured by key evaluations and governing decisions) that is under the level and/or the capacities of the science of the contemporary era. ‘Lie’, which the unforgettable Bernard Muntian defined as the global problem No. 1 in the survival of the species of Homo sapiens, is, in this context, a private case of deliberate and malicious production of intellectual shortage. I will use an example. The ‘double standards’ in the international politics of nowadays contain deliberate deception but – in the mass cases – they become acceptable to the public opinion in the developed countries because they correspond to a traditional and increasingly less adequate West-centric perception of the world. To get out of the illusory situation, one must expand the limits of imagination and of understanding, i.e. overcome a certain intellectual shortage.
- Arrighi, G. 2007. Adam Smith in Beijing: Lineages of the Twenty-First Century. London: Verso.
- Braudel, F. 1995. A History of Civilizations. New York etc.: Penguin.
- Brzezinski, Z. 2016. Strategic Vision. Toward a Global Realignment. The American Interest, April 17.
- Churchill, W. The Second World War. Vol. 1. The Gathering Storm. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Czernin, O. 1919. In the World War. New York etc.: Cassell and Company.
- Engels, F. Einleitung (zu Sigismund Borkheims Broschüre “Zur Erinnerung für die deutschen Mordspatrioten). 1806-1807”. Karl Marx/Friedrich Engels-Werke. Berlin: Dietz Verlag. Bd. 21 [Marx and Engels. Collected Works. Vol. 26. London: Lawrence & Wishheart, 1990].
- Friedman, G. 2011. The Next Decade. A Forecast for the 21st Century. New York etc.: Doubleday.
- Kautsky, K. 1923. The Proletarian Revolution and Its Programme (in Bulgarian).
- Kautsky, K. 1929. Bolshevism at a Deadlock (in Bulgarian).
- Kissinger, H. 2015. The Interview (19 August 2015). The National Interest http://nationalinterest.org/feature/the-interview-henry-kissinger-13615 (What is USA’s Interest? The National Interest September-October 2015).
- Lipset, S. 1994. Why Didn’t We Anticipate the Failure of Communism? In: H. Moore (ed.), Legacies of the Collapse of Marxism, Fairfax, Va., George Mason University Press.
- Marx, K. 2013. Karl Marx. Man and the Future (in Bulgarian). by Muntian, B., Mitev, P.-E., Popivanov, B. Sofia: Iztok-Zapad.
- Qutb, Syed. 1981. Milestones. holybooks.com/milestones-by-syed-qutb-shaheed/
- Scholl-Latour, P. The Curse of the Evil Deed. The Failure of the West in the Orient (in Bulgarian). Sofia: Dilok.
- Trotsky, L. 1936. The Revolution Betrayed (in Russian). https://www.marxists.org/russkij/trotsky/…/betraye…
- Trotzky, L. My Life (in Russian). Moscow: Panorama.
- USA National Security Strategy. 2015.
- Wallerstein, I. 2001. Analysis of World Systems and the Situation in the Contemporary World (in Russian). Saint Petersburg: Universitetskaya Kniga.