ACHIEVEMENTS AND FAILURES OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENTS IN SERBIA AFTER 2000
In the article “Achievements and Failures of Democratic Governments in Serbia” Dr Pribicevic analyzed transition in Serbia after 2000. As a greatest achievements he pointed out that democracy become “only game in the town”, that political killings were stopped, that Serbia again become part of world and european community and that standard of living has improved. On the other side, Dr Pribicevic underlined slow EU integration process, joblessness, corruption and organized crime as a greatest challenges for new democratic governments in Serbia after 2000. His conclusion is that only through the concrete process of acceding to the EU Serbia will be able to reach a certain level of standards and accept EU values and rules of behavior. Without fast concrete steps towards EU Serbia will continue to be preoccupied with its own past and myths.
- Slobodan Antonic, Elita, gradjanstvo i slaba država, Beograd, Službeni glasnik, 2006.
- Vladimir Goati, Partijske borbe u Srbiji u postoktobarskom razdoblju, Beograd, FES i Institut društvenih nauka, 2006.
- Dragomir Pantic i Zoran Pavlovic, Political culture of voters in Serbia, Beograd, Institute of Social Sciences, 2009.
- Ognjen Pribicevic, Vlast i opozicija u Srbiji, Beograd, B92, 1997.
- Ognjen Pribicevic, “Serbia and Montenegro: Transforming the security sector under particular post-conflict conditions” , in Security Sector Reform in Central and Eastern Europe, DCAF, Geneva, 2005, p. 252-273.
- Ognjen Pribicevic, “Serbia after Milosevic”, Journal Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, No 1. 2004, p. 107-119.